Debug code Problems
With the years of experience I have building websites, I can solve many bugs quickly. Fixing code bugs can be a challenge too though. Most of the time I am contacted to fix programming bugs, it is because the prior programmer is no longer available. I need to familiarize myself with the code, and then find the source of the problem. Some issues I face are:
- Finding the code on the web server
- Reviewing code architecture to understand the prior programmers logic.
- Most times there is no website documentation.
- Finding the code error logsBeing able to duplicate the error.
Some code problems are obvious to an experienced programmer. Others can take a significant amount of time to solve. Because of this, I will not quote a rate up front to fix programming bugs. I will only bill on an hourly basis. (30 min increments)
People contact me, telling me their site is broke, can I fix it? Without knowing specifics, I can't possibly give a quote or timeline to correct.
When contacting me with a request to fix your website problems, please include the following:
- URL of the page with the error.
- If possible, how to duplicate it. (Meaning, data you entered, link you clicked...)
- Browser you are using
- Type of error received. (meaning, error message displayed, white screen, no error, but something did not process properly)
- Any recent changes to web code or web server
- Web hosting company you use.
By supplying me with information like this, it will help me get familiar with the problem quickly. Even still, finding and fixing programming bugs can be a time consuming process.
Contact me to fix website errors and I will respond promptly.